I was in the mood for some Mexican food when I came across this low carb/ Keto recipe for, Chicken Taco Soup. It takes four main ingredients and a couple of minutes to add to your Crock Pot or Instant Pot. Like always I added a few things (veggies) to my version of the recipe to make the soup heartier. I like to have a full spoon of goodness everytime I take a bite, lol.
WHAT I USED:
* Crock Pot
* 1 lb chicken breast tenders
* 1 cup salsa
* 3 cups chicken broth
* 3 tbsp Low Sodium Taco Seasoning
* 8 oz cream cheese room
*1 Red Onion chopped
* Green Bell Pepper
* 1 Cup Frozen Sweet Corn
WHAT I DID:
1. Add chicken, taco seasoning, chicken broth, and salsa to the Crock Pot. Cook on Low Heat for 4 Hours
2. Sauté your vegetables
3. Remove chicken from the Crock Pot and shred with a fork.
4. Sauté your vegetables
5. Turn the Crock Pot on High Heat and then add the cream cheese and whisk until the cheese melts and blends into your chicken broth and salsa mixture.
6. Add the veggies to your soup.
7. Return chicken to Crock Pot
8. If desired, add Green Onion, shredded cheese, jalapeños, or crushed Vegetable Chips as I did on top of your soup.