I was having the most ferocious snack attack and decided to try out this recipe for Pecan Pie Mug Cake. Five words: I’M SO GLAD I DID! This is simply delicious, low carb, keto and so easy to make.
This recipe created approximately two mug cakes. *As a note: I am not a chef. I'm just a country girl who wanted to live a healthier lifestyle and achieve the body I've always wanted by the time I turn 40 in 5 months.
I started posting my videos because women around the world were asking me how to cook the dishes I was posting.
WHAT I USED:
For The Mug Cake:
2 tablespoons almond flour
2 tablespoons coconut flour
2 tablespoons Sugar-Free Syrup
1 tablespoon butter, melted
1 tablespoon Golden Monk Fruit
1/2 teaspoon baking powder pinch of salt
For Pecan Pie Cake Topping:
1/4 cup chopped pecans
1 tablespoon cold butter; cut into cubes
1 tablespoon Sugar-Free Syrup
HOW I DID IT:
1. In a small bowl combine all ingredients for the mug cake in a small bowl and mix together.
2. Pour mug cake batter in a large mug or into 2 ramekins (Spray them with cooking spray. I used coconut oil spray). I filled my ramekin halfway. If you fill it to the top, it will overfill once you bake/microwave it.
3. Microwave for 60 seconds to 1.5 minutes. Each microwave varies, but you basically want your cake to rise and set in the middle. Remove from microwave (be careful it will be HOT!) to let it cool.
NOW IT'S TIME FOR YOUR TOPPING
4. Combine all TOPPING ingredients in a bowl and mix them together. It will look chunky and that's totally ok.
5. Add pecan topping on top of the mug cake and microwave until the butter has melted. I started with 30 seconds and ended up adding an additional 30 seconds because my butter wasn't all the way melted.
So microwave in small increments so you don't dry out your cake.