(Recipe) Blueberry Chipotle BBQ Sauce
If you enjoy sweet and savory barbecue sauce then you’re going to enjoy this easy Peezy recipe! Perfect for chicken, hamburgers, steak… It’s just good!
WHAT I USED:
2 Cups Blueberries
2 Cups Red Cooking Wine
⅓ Cup Ketchup
½ Small Onion, chopped
¼ Cup Honey
4 cloves of Garlic, chopped
2 Chipolte Peppers, chopped (remove seeds unless you want it real hot)
¼ Cup Red Wine Vinegar
½ Cup Brown Sugar
¼ Teaspoon Cocoa Powder
1 Teaspoon Olive Oil
WHAT I DID:
1. Add olive oil to a medium-sized pot
2. Add in the onion and garlic and sweat them, sautee for approximately 2 minutes
3. Add remaining ingredients to the pot. Bring to a boil
4. Reduce the mix to a low simmer and cover, cooking for about 30 minutes. Stir occasionally
5. Then remove the lid and cook uncovered for an additional 30 minutes, until the sauce thickens.
6. Once the sauce is reduced to your liking, add sauce to a food processor or blender. Blend until smooth. Once finished you can strain the sauce using a sieve (small strainer) to remove the chunky pieces. I personally don't do this because I enjoy the large pieces.